Our selected conferees will meet some of today’s top journalism practitioners, as well as legal experts to explore this topic in a variety of ways; and a few field trips are included as part of our journey. This seminar is best suited for educators who are as interested in looking at our subject through a legal lens as they are in getting a close-up look at how major news operations and careers in journalism are changing.
– Approaches to Teaching the First Amendment
– From Pitch to Publish | The Digital Lifecycle of A Story
– National Security and the Press
– News Integrity
– How to Best Train your Students for Journalism Jobs Today
– The Impact of Washington’s Volatility on News Divisions and Operations.
– Journalism in the Age of Algorithms, News Feeds, and Databases.