2020 FACULTY INDUSTRY SEMINAR
MEDIA INSIDERS: Today’s Opportunities & Tomorrow’s Challenges
January 6, 7, & 8, 2020
When: January 6, 7, & 8, 2020
Where: Las Vegas, Nevada
The 2020 application has closed.
Please return next year to apply for the 2021 Faculty Industry Seminar.
Those who submitted their applications by the deadline will be alerted of their acceptance on a rolling basis.
Media Insiders 2020: Today’s Opportunities & Tomorrow’s Challenges
In an effort to bridge the gap that can sometimes exist between classroom and industry, IRTS provides an annual opportunity for university educators to meet with senior media and entertainment executives. Thanks to our partnership with the Consumer Technology Association™ (CTA), attendees have the added advantage of attending CES® 2020; the largest and most influential technology event on the planet, where industry leaders and rising stars come together.
The digital media landscape offers more tools and platforms to reach consumers than ever before, and the next generation of professionals must have a comprehensive understanding of how to help their employers harness the full potential of this increasingly complex environment.
Our sessions will address how both legacy and digital media companies are evolving in a rapidly changing industry that offers both incredible opportunity, in addition to many challenges.
FACULTY SELECTED TO ATTEND WILL RECEIVE:
- Hotel accommodations for 3-4 nights (subject to individuals’ flight plans). Check in on Sunday, January 5th.
- Check out on Thursday, January 9th but, conferees may opt to fly out one day earlier. (Conferees must reside 50+ miles outside of Las Vegas to be eligible for accommodations.)
- Complimentary, MANDATORY attendance at IRTS Faculty Seminar, as well as access to CES 2020. While there will be ample time for conferees to explore CES on their own, there may be some additional sessions deemed mandatory by IRTS.
UNDERWRITTEN CONFEREES ARE PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Travel to and from Las Vegas. (NOTE: Complimentary CES Shuttle is available for transportation between hotel/casino and convention center)
- Any personal hotel incidentals, including obligatory resort fee that hotel charges.
- Any meals that take place outside of mandatory IRTS events/ sessions. (The hotel and convention center both contain fast food and full-restaurant options, as well as many other choices within walking distance).
IRTS wants to invest in those who are most passionate about teaching the next generation of professionals, as well as those who can best apply their knowledge to curriculum or the academic community at large. Today’s digital universe requires a wide range of skills.
While our program has historically attracted faculty from communications (all majors), business, marketing, and advertising disciplines, we are also eager to include professors of mathematics, statistics, information technology, and computer science, as well as those in liberal arts! There is high demand in our industry for students from all of these disciplines, but they tend to lack awareness of where opportunity now exists in our rapidly changing business.
THE IRTS ADVANTAGE:
IRTS faculty-exclusive seminar sessions aren’t convention-like. They are intimate in style to allow for more in-depth discussion with our senior executives and thought leaders from both legacy and digital media. Following our seminar, Faculty will have an opportunity to attend CES International, as well as tour the exhibition halls at their own pace.
Educators have labeled the Faculty/Industry Seminar “the most sought after and visible activity of the year.”
Donate today to support the IRTS Foundation’s mission of building future media leaders and
fostering diversity within the industry.
IRTS is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; all donations are 100% tax deductible!
See if your employer will match your donation!
Click here to learn more about corporate gift matching, and how you could double your 100% charitable donation to IRTS